Monday, August 11, 2008

Missing In Action

So today is the first day that I would be doing an insemination for this month...that is if I had any clue where my donor boy might be. Last I heard from him was a week ago on Monday the 4th. He left me a message saying that his test results should be back by Friday the 8th. He had successfully dropped his daughter back off with her Mom and would talk to me soon. I then called him back (like an hour after he had called me) and left him a message. I told him that based on my cycle I would need to see him on Monday the 11th, Wednesday the 13th, and possibly Friday the 15th. I spelled out how I would be giving him $200 in cash for each "deposit" and if I didn't need him on Friday than I would give him money for two deposits on Wednesday. Since I know that this guy doesn't have "a pot to piss in" (that is a quote from my client that is friends with donor boy), I figured the mention of cold, hard cash may make him a little more motivated to make this work.

I have been doing the OPK's this weekend and today's test was close. The two lines were virtually the same color with the test line still being just a little bit darker than the other line. So I imagine that I will probably test positive for ovulation on tomorrow's test. Therefore inseminations today and Wednesday would be rad. So...we are all ready to go...we just have no donor. Now as I have explained before, this donor is a little...hippy? Bohemian? Free spirit? So it would not surprise me at all to get a random phone call sometime throughout the day like, "Okay I am over the hill and ready to go...where should we meet?" So I guess that might still happen. But I would also not be shocked to not hear from him at all. I just called his cell phone (which was still on, so I guess that's a good sign) and left him a message saying that I had hoped that I saw him today and to please give me a call either way and let me know what's going on. So that is where we stand as of 10:45am on Monday morning...

Oh, and I almost killed myself trying to find the old box of specimen cups and syringes that I ordered off the internet back in 2005 that were buried in my garage. I had to balance on the top of my car and randomly yank out boxes until I found them. But I did find them. So now all I need is a couple of nudy magazines and some boy lube (what the hell is that anyway?) Oh, and I guess I need to find my donor...

No comments: