Friday, August 22, 2008

The medicine, days one and two


Okay so the update on the medicine.  It has been interesting.  Yesterday was the first day that he took it all day.  I sent it to school so he could take it with lunch because he goes down for a nap shortly after lunch time.  So she did all of that and I guess she had to wake him up 2 1/2 hours later (my mom was going to be there to pick him up like 45 minutes later so he needed to get up) because he was still sleeping.  When my mom got home with him he was acting like a kid who was woken up from a nap.  More specifically, he was acting like a kid who missed his nap.  Wow was he unpleasant!  He screamed about taking a bath, he didn't want anything to do with me at all and kept repeating "Go way Mommy!" with a  very stern look on his face, he was just charming.  

He finally started acting human around dinner time and I will say that he ate a good amount.  He ate like 5 bites of mahi mahi, he ate all of his broccoli (which was like 7 or 8 little "trees"), and he ate all of his grapes (which was like 10 or 12 probably).  Then he took his vitamins and had his M&M's.  Although he copped out about halfway through the M&M's and actually left them on the table.  That's my kid...eats all of his broccoli and leaves the chocolate.  He also had fried rice on his plate which he didn't touch.  But for him that's pretty good.  He was tired though.  At about 7:30pm I took him back to brush his teeth after he drank about 3/4 of a pedia.sure.  Once we were done, he walked right into his room and said "nigh nigh" and walked over to his bed.  It wasn't even his bed time.  He didn't want any toys or anything.  He was sound asleep by 7:55pm.

Of course he started singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in his bed at 5:45am and at about 6:00 exactly he started saying, "Mommy, where are you Mommy?" so I went to get him.  We had a normal morning and since we had a doctor's appointment at 11:00 I decided he needed to go down for an early nap.  So I gave him a dose of his medicine at 8:00am and then put him to sleep at 8:30 (which is a good hour and a half before I usually put him down for his nap).  He went right to sleep and woke up at 10:30am happy as a clam.  We went to the doctor appointment (later post) and then went to lunch with my mom and my grandmother.  He ate like I have never seen him eat.  Seriously.  He had three pieces of restaurant bread with butter.  Like big slices of sourdough bread.  Then his food came.  He ate most of 2 strawberries, a couple of grapes, some cheese and like 3 pieces of chicken from my mom's salad.  He followed that up with 4 of the little mints that they give you when you eat at the Nord.strom cafe (he loves those, by the way--snob!).  Insane amount of food for him.  Just the bread alone.  Normally I would have been thrilled if he had just consumed ONE whole piece of that bread.  Crazy.  And he has been in a great mood all day.  Tons of energy.  In fact, I am going to post a little video of just how much energy he has later.  I gave him a half a dose when we got home from lunch and then put him in his crib (he had said he wanted to lie down).  He chatted and chatted in there and it got louder and louder until he was just screaming to get out like 45 minutes later.  No nap.  And he's happy and loving.  In fact he is kickin' it in his playroom watching Cars while I sneak away to play on the computer and download some cuteness for all of my faithful blog readers.  (Video coming soon...).  I am going to take it one day at a time, but so far, so good...

No comments: