Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Just Because



Recently The Boy hasn't been quite as obsessed with his trains as he had previously.  He has shown an interest in all things trucks.  (Don't worry Thomas, he still prefers you over all else so far).  A few months ago a friend left a fire truck at our house.  It was broken and the front half (with the engine part) was separate from the back part of the truck with the ladder and stuff on it.  He loves this thing.  It upsets him greatly that the two parts don't stay together properly.  Recently he asked Mom to fix it (The Ex is Mom, I am Mommy).  She wasn't able to crazy glue it together so it remains broken.  But he still loves it.  He insisted on taking it to speech therapy yesterday and almost had meltdown when I made him leave it in the car when I dropped him off at school afterwards.  This morning he asked me for his fire truck.  He waited patiently until I got dressed and went out into the garage to fetch him his truck.  He was so happy to see it, but expressed his disappointment that Mom had not been able to fix it.  It was at this point that I decided that I would swing by Tar.get on my way home from work to see if I could find him a fire truck that wasn't in two pieces.  After much searching (seriously, you would think it would be easy to find one of those things.  In fact I expected to find several and have to pick between many) I finally found one that would work.

For no reason other than I think he's adorable, I present to you the above pictures.  He was SO excited when I gave him his new treat.  He stomped his feet up and down and yelled "Hooray!  Treat!"  I made him stop playing long enough to give me the top picture with a gratuitous smile.  And the picture below that is him doing the impression of the sound the fire truck makes when it blows it horn.  One could say that he is a little spoiled, but really, the fire truck cost $15.  He has been playing with it non stop for over an hour now and LOVES it.  Worth every penny.

No comments: