Wow, it has been a whole week since I last posted. Life is just plain busy. That's all there is to it. There simply aren't enough hours in the day. I have been thinking about my blog, and wanting to get to you all to post, but just haven't been able to swing it. So I am going to do a random updating post since I can't seem to find the time to do a proper one.
And just because it happens to be my very favorite perk of potty training, here is a shot of a cute little boy butt in big boy undies. These happen to be his Spider Man undies, which are among his very faves...
- August was a re-grouping month for me. As I posted about previously I have been financially stressed (to say the least) and I needed to spend a month and work my little arse off and see if it was enough to allow me to stay in my house. The good news is that it seems to be feasible. The bad news is that I literally have to bill 9 hours every work day and not spend a cent on anything that isn't in my budget. Not the most exciting way to live, but for now, if it keeps me in my house, I'll take it. But working over 9 hours a day (I don't bill for driving time) doesn't allow much "fun" time to update the ole blog. So here I am at 9:30 at night trying to throw this together before I go to bed for the night.
- I am getting pudgy. I'm not happy about it. There is no doubt why this is happening as I have been using the breast feeding excuse as a reason to eat like a little piggy. I have been indulging in carmel delight ice cream with semi sweet chocolate chips on top several nights a week. I have been enjoying See's Candies on the other nights. And in between those, I have been eating the dark chocolate mints and peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's. Add that to the Cheetos that I made part of my daily lunch routine and it all seems to make sense... SO! No more. I am now on a very healthy daily diet (I actually eat really healthy, but when I throw in the above sweets it negates my healthy diet) and have cut out the sweets. I am also "working out" again. I put that in quotes because what I really mean is that I am doing about 60 crunches, about 30 leg lifts, and several different arm exercises with 8 pound weights on a nightly basis. I have no time for a gym, or even a brisk walk around the block on a daily basis. Maybe in the future, but for right now, it is all I can handle. I only need to lose like 5 pounds so hopefully I can knock it out soon.
- I never posted about The Girl's 4 month well baby check. That is mostly because we spent almost the entire appointment talking about The Boy and his thumb issue and his speech issues, but we did actually have an appointment. Here are her stats: 14.7 pounds, 75th percentile, 23 1/4 inches tall, 50th percentile and her head was 42 cm and that is also the 50th percentile. The doctor joked that I have never experienced having a child that is right down the middle of those charts before. He's right. I haven't. And I am afraid to jinx it. But basically she is doing great. Keep on keeping on with her. Don't change a thing at this point.
- Speaking of The Boy, he does indeed need to have surgery. Of course, right? We met with a fabulous pediatric orthopedist on Friday and that is really our only option. He is starting to write and right now he switches back and forth between his two hands, but it is clear that he wants to use his right hand more. But I think he isn't because his poor little thumb doesn't work correctly. So surgery is scheduled for Monday September 14th. The surgery itself only takes about 10 minutes but he does need to be knocked out for it. He will also have to have a cast for about a week afterwards basically to make sure that the incision heals properly. Looking forward to that (insert eye roll and sarcasm here).
- Finally, an update on potty training. We seem to have mastered the pee thing. He is a rock star where that is concerned. However we aren't so fabulous on the poop. He has done it in the toilet about 3 times but the rest of the time he either does it in his diaper in the morning before he tells me he is awake, in his pull up during nap time, or (my personal favorite) in his big boy pants. And yes, unlike my mother, I blatantly throw those suckers away when that happens. There is just no cleaning them out. Plus they are only like $3.00 for a pack of three at Tar.get. Simply not worth it.
- And if you stuck around reading this boring and long post I will reward you with some pictures of The Boy. We have had many pics of The Girl lately but not to many of older brother. So here he is, in all his weirdness...Behold the goggle boy!
Seriously...how cute is that flat little butt?