Saturday, August 15, 2009

Adventures In Potty Training Day 2

I am so unbelievably proud of my little boy today. We went ALL. DAY. LONG. without one accident. He used the little potty all frickin' day long today. Like yesterday I kept him naked from the waste down and set the timer to go off every half an hour. Every time he hears it he jumps up and yells, "Pom on Mommy!" (He doesn't use the "c" sound for come...) Then he runs into the potty and tries. Most of the time he goes. Sometimes he tells me there is nothing left in there and we will try next time. The timer even went off while I was in the shower and he came running into my bathroom to tell me he went pee pee and I needed to go look at it after I got out of the shower. I assumed he did a few drops and told him good job. But when I went to look after the shower it was a full-on pee. He even went in there and did it without me.

Yes, this is what my life has been reduced to this weekend.

But damn am I sure proud of that little boy. We never left the house, and we never put on big boy pants and we didn't conquer the pooping, but I would say it was a pretty banner day for day 2 of potty training. Fortunately for me he pooped this morning in his diaper before I took him out of it for the day. Because that is going to be a challenge. But one step at a time.

I also have a picture of him from today wearing his fireman boots, his fireman rain jacket, and his fireman hat and nothing else. He is sitting on the potty going pee dressed like that. CLASSIC. I would post it all for you but his little manhood shows up briefly in the picture and even I can't do that to him...

What a fabulous day for him. I am so proud I could burst. I bought what will hopefully be my last package of diapers for him today at Tar.get. He will get one diaper a day at night time and then during naps he will have a pull up. Hopefully tomorrow will go well. Monday we go to school for the first time in big boy pants. And I will be sending lots of clothing changes...

I still can't believe it. A whole entire day without changing his diaper once. Definitely a milestone for us. Yes it took us 3 1/2 years but we finally got here...

No comments: