Friday, July 25, 2008

Back in time for the trains




Wow.  It feels like I have lived a couple of lifetimes in the last couple of weeks.  There is lots to talk about.  Mainly how the last couple of weeks affected my son and myself as a result.  But today I am here to talk about what we did today.  We went to A Day Out With Thomas over by the beach.  I have to preface this with the fact that my son is seriously addicted to Thomas.  Like in a serious way.  I joke that he is going to need a 12 step program to move away from Thomas.  So while I was excited about taking him, I didn't have very high expectations for the turnout.  I had read this review about A Day Out With Thomas.  You really need to go and read that.  She is hysterical.  And she expresses the day so much better than I ever could.  So go and read that and then come back here.  I'll wait...

Okay.  Done?  So it was a lovely day.  My boy did a little bit better on the train than hers, but not great.  He held on to me with a ferocity that was crazy.  But if I asked him if he was having a good time he would say yes.  And there was no crying.  We checked out Sir Topham Hat, which was a big excitement for all attending.  Then we headed over to the "Imagination Area" and got a temporty Harold the Helicopter tattoo.  It looks beautiful.  Then it was off to the "Retail Store" where The Boy looked longingly at items that were then picked up by his Gigi and promptly bought for him.  I vetoed a few, but he left with a new engine, a placemat, a t-shirt and the plastic crane.  Oh and some Thomas Bubbles thing.  Wow, after typing that I realize how ridiculous that is.  But it was a beautiful day with perfect weather.  I really had a nice time.  And The Boy had a great time.  And we seriously bonded and had a lovely day together.  It was nice to have him cling to me on the train and not my mom (further explanations on that coming soon).  It was a wonderful day with my boy and exactly what we both needed I think. 

The pictures above.  Leaving on the train before we started moving.  Then the death grip once we started moving.  And finally with his swag from his ever-spending Gigi.

Oh!  And when we got home today.  I got a message from donor boy.

No comments: