There is so much craziness going on in my work life right now that it seems as if this issue has kind of taken the back burner, which is totally out of the norm for me. Usually I am totally obsessed on what is going on and when. But things are moving along, so I thought I would post an update here. I have talked with donor boy and he is ready to go this month. I mailed him a check last weekend so that he can go and get testing done. He is basically going to do an entire STD panel, an AIDS test and all the hepatitis tests. So he is supposed to go and do that this week. Then I told him I would give him a call and give him the dates I will need to see him for the inseminations.
Yesterday was CD1 (cycle day one for my non-infertile friends reading...) so that gets the ball rolling. I am going to ask him to do inseminations on day 14, 16 and 18. So hopefully I will see him on Monday August 11th, Wednesday August 13th and then Friday August 15th. Since I tested positive for ovulation on day 19 last month, I think that should cover my basis. Also last month was a weird month as I usually ovulate pretty much right around day 14. I had a 32 day cycle last month and usually I am pretty spot on 28 days. So that is why I am going for the inseminations around my usual ovulation of day 14.
My donor is an interesting guy. He is kind of like a bohemian hippy type so he is one who just kinda "flies by the seat of his pants." I don't have a ton of experience with this guy so there is a chance that the inseminations won't happen exactly when I would like them to happen, and there is an even smaller chance that they won't happen at all. Donor is going out of town to take his daughter back to her mom and says he will be back up in our area around the weekend of the 9th of August. So that is cutting it pretty close. And for someone who regularly gets their phone shut off and sort of disappears for a few weeks at a time, it is probably a stretch to assume that things will go exactly as I planned. But I am going to just hang in there and see what happens. If he is totally flaky and nothing ends up happening this month then I am out nothing. If it appears that he isn't going to be reliable enough for me to count on in the future then I will have to go back to looking into frozen sperm from the bank. But man, that is just so expensive. So I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope it all works out with him. I know it sounds cheesy, but I really do feel like whatever is supposed to happen will. If he is supposed to be my donor and make a baby with me, then it will all fall into place somehow. But if he isn't, then it won't. Seems kinda simple, but very out of the ordinary for my anal-retentive Virgo self.
I guess since I already have The Boy, I don't feel that intense necessity to have everything planned down to the letter. It is interesting how different I feel the second time around. I am just as determined to make baby number two as I was to make baby number one, but maybe this time I am just a little more relaxed about the whole thing. I will make this happen. Or at least I will do my best to make this happen. If it is with this donor, then that's great. And if it isn't, then I will look into my other options when that happens. Right now, we are good to go with this cycle and I have no reason to think the inseminations won't happen. So I am holding onto that for the time being. Of course, I will keep you all posted. :)