Saturday, July 12, 2008

Back in the stirrups again

I had an appointment with my OB yesterday to talk about getting pregnant again.  She checked out all the lady bits and we talked about moving forward.  I guess I should take this opportunity to talk a little bit about the new donor I have found.  A client of mine has a good friend that is willing to be a donor for me and the hopefully second child.  I have not met him in person yet, but have spoken to him on the phone.  He is ready and willing to do whatever I need him to do.  So I talked to my OB about what tests and things that need to be done before we begin inseminations.  Basically since I am not feeling like it is necessary for him to do a full work up (he has 4 healthy kids already) the only thing we need to do is get all the STD tests and HIV etc...  He doesn't have health insurance so we talked about where to send him for the tests and she wrote down specifically what I should ask for.

I am still shooting for having August be the first month I try to get pregnant.  Now that I have this information from my doctor, I need to call donor and talk to him and make sure that he is still cool with that time table.  But I am tracking my cycle this month just to get an idea of when I will ovulate in August so that I can give him some days that I expect I will need him.  I POAS yesterday, which was day 13 I believe, and I didn't test positive for ovulation.  I haven't tested yet this morning, but my cycle has historically been pretty exact so I would imagine that I will test positive either today or tomorrow.  Although I would love it if we could push this cycle back in some way.  See if I continue with the exact 28 day cycle that I have had for the last 5 months then I would be doing inseminations around the 9th and 10th of August.  Here's the problem...I already have a trip scheduled up to my cabin in the mountains for that weekend.  So if we could just get this cycle to be a couple of days later then we would move into a Monday or Tuesday for inseminations which would work MUCH better for my vacationing plans.  :)  We will just have to wait and see. 

No comments: