Monday, December 15, 2008

This That And The Other...

I think today's post needs to be bullet points. It just seems like that kind of a Monday.
  • On Friday we had a follow up appointment with The Boy's gastro doc. Good news and not-so-good news. The good news is that he hasn't been sick lately (knocking on everything that could possibly be considered wood...) and that he is totally thriving. He has also grown an inch in height since September. He is between the 5th and 10th percentile in height. Rock Star. Weight...well that's another issue. You may remember that he was on that medication to stimulate his appetite and it helped him gain 3 pounds over a 3 month period of time. We were told to stop the meds in the middle of November and then come in for a weight check in the middle of December. She even said in Oct that if things continued on this path we might not need to come back (!!). But. Friday was the weight check. He has lost weight. Of course he has. Almost a pound since the last check. He was 25.2 pounds I believe (and 35 1/2" tall for reference...my little peanut) and he is turning 3 in less than a month. So...that sucks. He is still "on the charts" but has slipped down to that whole "somewhere between 1st and 3rd percentile" place on the chart where it doesn't really matter except that he is just too damn low. But, ever the optimist (yeah right), like I said, he is doing GREAT and has a ton of energy and is overall just fabulous right now. So I am upping the Pediasure and continuing my quest to make The Boy eat anything and everything calorie related. But needless to say, we didn't graduate from gastro. We will be going back in two more months for another weight check. Sigh...
  • On a happier note, once we left the doctor's office we headed to get professional holiday pics done of The Boy, his preggo Mommy, his Gigi extraordinaire and for shits and giggles we threw in one pic of my mom's mom (a four generation pic). They turned out fabulous. I haven't posted a picture of myself on this site yet, but since Sara did it, maybe I can. There is even the most precious pic of The Boy giving Gigi a kiss on the cheek. Too cute for words. And the one of him hugging my belly? Makes me misty... And on that note, I decided to just have them print my holiday cards there and guess what? They went out in the mail today. I RULE! I wasn't sure if I would get anything done, but they are done and they have been mailed. Email me if you would like your copy sent to you. :)
  • I did something very adult-like and mature on Friday as well (it was a busy day). I met with a lawyer to put together my will and estate plan. It is a lot of money (not my estate, the lawyer and the will) and man, just a hard thing to do. But I have to be smart. I am single with two kids. I don't want the court being able to decide what happens to my kids if I were to be hit by a bus. And since The Boy was conceived with The Ex, and new baby wasn't, well it isn't exactly a slam dunk. And while I know that my wishes don't necessarily guarantee what the outcome will be, it is important that I take all the steps necessary to do the best I can. So I have begun that process. I also took out a large chunk of life insurance to make sure that whomever gets guardianship of my kids does not suffer financially for their good will. I have someone coming to my office to take urine and blood samples on Thursday (is that random or what? They come to ME? I find that a little odd...) so once that is done I should be good to go.
  • There is so much more, but I will end today's post on a happy note. The Boy and I are going on vacation. That's right people, we are jetting off to Hawaii on the 8th of January. It is a last minute trip with my mom and step dad and my grandmother. We will be rooming with grandmother (HA HA HA!!!) and I am using my mileage to get us there so it is a virtually free trip. Only made possible by grandmother's desire to have us join her. She rules. Because as we all know, once I pop this second kid out the next vacation I have will be when they leave for college...
  • 20 weeks tomorrow. Wow, how did that happen? Belly pic to follow soon...Happy Monday everyone.

2 comments:

AuntFancy said...

Those pics are incredibly cute!! And yay for Gigi, she soooo totally rocks!

Billy said...

Have a wonderful vacation!

And 20 weeks... wow..