Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Baby Made Me Do It

...and I am NEVER listening to her again!

I am a pretty healthy person in terms of how I eat.  I very rarely eat out for lunch (or dinner for that matter) and almost always bring my lunch with me to work everyday.  Well this morning I was running late.  The Boy's speech therapy is 15 minutes earlier this week because they are making up for the time they are closed over the holidays.  Because of this, I didn't get to pack a lunch.  "No biggie," I thought.  People eat out all the time.  I will indulge myself for one day.

So when it came time for lunch I was considering all my options.  None of my regular treats sounded good.  I couldn't find something that sounded good.  And if I was going to "cheat" then it better sound damn good!  Finally I just got in the car and drove.  I approached a Carl's Jr and thought...okay...  If I get fast food, which again is pretty rare, I enjoy their chicken sandwiches.  So I pulled in and went inside.  Once inside, as I was glancing at the menu, something just took over.  I have no idea what it was.  But I blame my unborn child.  For reasons that are still foreign to me, I decided I HAD to have a Western Bacon Cheeseburger.  Something about the BBQ sauce and the onion ring mixed with the cheese...I don't know.  But I know I had to have it.

I should mention that I have not had red meat or a hamburger in YEARS.  It isn't for some moral reason; I love me some chicken and fish.  I am just not a fan of the red meat.  Once they came out with ground turkey, I started using that for everything that needed that type of meat and well, I have never been a big steak person...  So for no real reason, I just stopped eating red meat.  I never made some big declaration or anything, it just sort of happened.  So when I found myself pulled to that today I didn't think it would be a big deal.  After all, I used to eat red meat, so if my body seemed to want it now, then I was happy to indulge it.

And ate it I did.  Every single bite.  And I have to say it tasted damn good.  The fries I got with it did nothing for me and I only ate about 10 of them before I threw them away, but the burger?  Enjoyed every single bite of it.  I can find no other explanation for this other than my daughter wanted it.  And I let her have it.

I am no longer going to listen to my daughter.  While I haven't felt horrible...I have been...shall we say...on the toilet for the better part of the evening.  Although the baby apparently likes red meat, my digestive system apparently isn't such a fan.  Message received.  No more red meat.  No matter what the baby tries to tell me!

3 comments:

AuntFancy said...

Mmm, western bacon cheeseburger... sadly they have that effect on those of us who do eat red meat sometimes too.

After Hours said...

I'm thinking of getting you a Barbie...yeah that sounds like fun...REAL FUN! Perhaps a pretty pink one with glitter and shit. Fancy.





I heard that. That was not nice.

After Hours said...

oh and she'll probably be needing the Corvette...

I'll look for that in pink too.

Ahhh I love this!

But really girls kick ass. Mine are the best things that have ever happened to me. I love to comb their hair, and hear, "no mommy..slowly...that hurts" as I comb out all the knots. It's wonderful:)