Sunday, March 7, 2010

It Was Bound to Happen Eventually...

For the first time in his whole life...

At four years and two months old...

My son told me he hated me.

Want to know why? Because I had the gall to tell him to clean up his room. Then when he blatantly ignored me, I went into his room and turned off his TV and told him he could finish watching his show after he had done what I asked.

Then he stood outside the door of my room and stuck his head in and said, "I hate you Mommy."

Needless to say we had a discussion that we do NOT say that to anyone; especially the people we love. I told him I would never say that to him and he threw his arms around me and told me he was sorry and that he wouldn't ever say it again. Then he went in his room and finished cleaning up. We had another hug and he got his TV show back and the world continued to rotate.

Certainly won't be the last time I hear it I am sure...

No comments: