Saturday, May 7, 2011

Bullet Points

Because I want to get that anxiety-ridden post off the top of my blog...
  • Still utterly freaked out about the school/cost thing but trying not to obsess.
  • Speaking of obsessing, my son seriously has OCD. Like I might need to talk to someone about it...
  • His Mom bought him some books and made the mistake of telling him a package was coming in the mail yesterday. He spent ALL day asking/obsessing/staring out the window waiting for that package. It was so bad that when his best friend came over for movie night last night he basically ignored him because all he cared about was the damn package.
  • The damn package didn't arrive until 6:00pm.
  • Once it arrived and was opened he became a human being again.
  • I was seriously embarrassed at his actions in front of my friend and her kids.
  • Tomorrow is Mother's Day and everyone keeps asking me what I "get" to do.
  • Here is what I "get" to do: Starting today, I have to hose down the entire back patio and clean everything from a winter full of dust and filth.
  • Go to the grocery store to buy enough food and dessert for almost 15 people.
  • Host a backyard BBQ for said 15 people including MY mother and HER mother (who have seniority it has been told to me...)
  • Buy a Mother's Day gift for The Ex from our son.
  • Buy birthday gifts for The Ex from our son (birthday is on Wednesday).
  • Wrap all the gifts that I bought for The Ex.
  • Once happy that gifts are all bought and wrapped and therefore don't need to be thought about anymore...come out into my living room this morning to discover that The Girl climbed up on the table, retrieved said gifts and ripped open ALL the wrapping paper and broke the picture frame. *Sigh*
However it should be noted that while typing this (rather cranky-sounding) post, my daughter came up to me, rubbed my back for a minute, went in to give me a squeeze and kissed my cheek and then walked away. So while yes, I am super stressed out at the moment, I have not lost sight of the fact that I *AM* a mother and that I get to be around these amazing kids. I am super grateful for all that I have and for the two children that I am lucky enough to call my own. Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. And to those still trying...keep the faith. I know this is a tough day for all of you.

Edited to add: While I was typing the "sweet" thing that my daughter did I heard a noise and went back out into the living room to discover she had opened and broken my stapler while trying to staple my mouse from my laptop...

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

Oh, your days sound just like mine. My kids can be incredibly frustrating and amazingly sweet all within the same 60 seconds. And yes, Mother's Day is wonderful to (finally) celebrate. But for single moms, there's not much difference in the "workload". Sounds like for you it's even a bit more. I hope you do have a few moments to step back and ENJOY!