Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sweats and Slippers

It was cold and rainy for the very first time this season today. We had no plans. So I declared today a "Sweats and Slippers Day" which means we wear "comfy" clothes all day long and never leave the house. We watched three movies and snacked on healthy little snacks all day long with no huge meals and took naps and played and relaxed. It was lovely.

Peanut is fighting a bit of a cold so she was a little bit feisty this morning. Like when she wanted me to stop taking pictures of her and give her the damn camera already!
Before nap time she gets her "Kitty" (her lovey blanket that is the kitty version) and her Binky. She likes to feel her Kitty up against her face so she tucks it in her neck and uses her other arm to hold it up so it stays against her face. She has done this forever and it cracks me up...
It's like she's walking around with a perpetual question...but nope...just keeping the Kitty against the face...
After naps, each played with some blocks...
...and then they got into their (matching; I couldn't resist...) jammies and played and played on brother's bed...
...and then when it was time to go to bed they each had a cup of warm milk...


And then they went to bed. I have to admit that I NEVER do this but it was the best decision I could have made for our Sunday. There is always so much to do that I never intentionally give away and entire weekend day for relaxation, but today needed to happen. And I'm so glad it did.

1 comment:

AuntFancy said...

I had sweats, socks and naps day yesterday too! It was fantastic.