Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Know It's Just A Fluke But...

The Girl has always been very vocal about when she is going "poop poop." Well at least since she started talking. She used to inform me when she had a dirty diaper but lately she's been telling me before she goes and then squatting down and going. I encourage her every time she tells me but don't make much more of it than that.

Today she was in the bath and kept saying, "Uh oh, poop poop..." and then "tooting." I was doing dinner in the kitchen but could hear what was going on and said to my mom (who was sitting in there next to her in the bath tub), "If she's told you she's going to go and has tooted several times, I would get her out. Otherwise we are going to have a mess on our hands..." So my mom told her the bath was all done and time to get out. She got out but started screaming when my mom put the towel around her. She yelled, "Potty! Potty!" and pointed to the baby potty. (I have her brother's old training potty in the bathroom and she sits on it before the bath everyday and we talk about it but I am not in any way trying to potty train her at this point). So my mom unwrapped her from the towel and she sat down on the potty and said "poop poop" again and started pushing. She didn't poop, but when she started pushing she peed. She looked down all surprised and said, "Pee Pee! I go pee pee!" We all ran in and made a big deal of it and told her what a big girl she was etc... then we went about dinner.

She was running around naked (didn't want to get dressed; was still a bit obsessed about sitting on the potty) and then said, "uh oh, potty..." and went into the bathroom by herself, sat down and peed again. The problem was she attempted to carry the potty out of the bathroom to show us what she'd done, but she actually peed on the potty twice today. She's not even 18 months old yet. My baby is growing up so fast. One of these days she is actually going to be ready for potty training...and I'm just not sure I am there yet... :)

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

Wow--I'm impressed. I'm still potty training my 3 1/2 year old son. (We're at about 50%) His almost 20 month old brother is only interested in the toilet as a stepstool to the bathroom vanity!