Saturday, October 30, 2010

Let Me Count the Ways

A moment with my son:

It's nap time and he is in his room laying on his bed playing and talking to a plastic lizard. I call at his door, "Go to sleep buddy." I hear giggling. I open the door and say, "Time to go to sleep buddy; it's getting late."

He responds, "But Mommy I am so very busy talking about this lizard."

Me: "You can talk all about the lizard when you wake up so sleep now and talk later."

Him: "But are you sure? But can we talk about how lizards are reptiles and not amphibians?"

Me: "Sure."

Him: "But they're reptiles because they have claws and scales, right?"

Me: "Sure."

Him: "And they're cool-blooded."

Me: "Right. Goodnight. Have a good nap."

Him: (As I'm closing his bedroom door he snuggles under his quilt while saying): "And they need to lay out in the sun to stay warm because if they don't stay warm..."

You gotta love a kid that begs you to talk about lizard facts. And you gotta love the fact that I have heard these facts so many times that I now feel far superior in my knowledge of all things creepy and crawly than I ever did when I was studying them back in grade school. I love my little nerd. :)

2 comments:

Laraf123 said...

I don't know what I love more, how precocious your son is or the fact that he still takes a nap. My 3 1/2 year old does 50% of the time and I'm not happy with those statistics...

Have a good weekend!

AuntFancy said...

Aww, I love that little nerd too! As long as he keeps the snake facts to himself. ;)