Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Quick Post...

  • The Boy stayed home sick today with my mom. She said he didn't eat anything all day long either. So I guess it wasn't totally the school. He just feels crappy. But missing his second day at school? Not so hot. I guess I need to stop worrying about making a good first impression...I should focus on the fact that during this evil "swine" season I am doing the responsible thing and keeping my sick kid at home where he can't infect anyone. Except his sister. And me. And my mother. Who takes care of my kids. Shit.
  • The Girl ate chicken for the first time today. First meat introduced. I made her a fancy little medley from my cookbook that had onions sauteed in butter (a first for both), cut up chicken breast, some apple and some sweet potato and then a cup of chicken broth. Bring to a boil, and then let simmer for like 20 minutes and then blend. She loved it. This child loves all food. I haven't found anything yet that she won't eat. And that includes parsnips. It has become a game to try and find something she WON'T eat. I bought organic beets the other day. I am betting on those...
  • The Girl now eats on average 6 cubes of food every night for dinner. She also eats at least 4 cubes for breakfast, like 5 for lunch and then nurses in between there. Although the nursing has slowed down a ton. She nurses first thing in the morning, then again before her morning nap, again before her afternoon nap, and then right before she goes to sleep for the night. So like only 4 or 5 times a day. I'm afraid she's eating too much and nursing too little. But the girl LOVES her some food. When she's hungry for it, nursing simply won't suffice. But like 15 cubes a day? That seems a little excessive to me...but then again my almost 4 year old doesn't eat that much so my judgement may be impaired. What do you all think? Normal? Little piggy?

2 comments:

K said...

Great chicken recipe! I'll have to try that.

Our (almost) 9 month old eats 15-18 cubes per day plus about 2000 cheerios, so right or wrong, we're on similar pages. ;-)

Guinevere said...

I honestly have no idea, but I think it's clearly normal FOR HER. :) As for the nursing vs eating I think you're doing exactly what seems appropriate in terms of following her cues.

PS - I'm betting she will enjoy the beets. :)