Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Christmas Post

This are NUTS over here. I want to post, I swear I do. I think about it all the time. But who can find the time? When are these children going back to daycare/school? When will everyone be healthy? When will I have a moment to myself? Sigh...

But we did have a lovely Christmas. In fact I would say it was down right wonderful. As mentioned, I don't have a ton of time, so I am giving you Christmas at my house through pictures...

Here we are on Christmas Eve...my perfect little family...
And Christmas morning...what a wonderful time for The Boy. I was functioning on maybe two hours sleep if I am being generous, but for him? Just magical... Here he is with his new tool bench that Santa brought him...
And then after a relaxing morning, my mom and step dad and grandmother came over (along with The Ex) and we did the rest of our gifts. Here is The Boy sitting in front of his loot SO unbelievably excited and really wishing I would lay off with the pictures and let him open already...
Oops, I got these a little out of order (I got a new camera for Christmas so pics are coming from different sources). This is Christmas Eve night with The Boy leaving his milk and cookies and reindeer food for Santa and Rudolph... (Mommy insisted that Santa wasn't a fan of gingerbread cookies and that he MUCH preferred Golden Oreo's...)
And this is the picture that he took the next morning because he was so damn excited that Santa had come and eaten all of the stuff he left for him. He simply couldn't believe it. I couldn't get him to stand still long enough to get a picture of his with this stuff, he insisted on taking it for himself so he had the evidence to "show his friends" that Santa DID come to his house...
The magic that this little boy experienced this year is just as you remember it when you were a kid (provided you had an idyllic Christmas experience when you were young). He was at such a perfect age this year. This picture represents how he was during the entire last couple of weeks. Just pure joy and happiness. All was great in his little world...
And in case that didn't showcase it enough...here he is putting on his BIGGEST (and not most flattering) smile that he could muster. Christmas is just the greatest and he wants the world to know it.
He told me tonight that he was "a little bit sad" that Christmas was over for the year and that he couldn't wait for next year. I said to him, "But [Boy], your birthday is in less than a week...that's pretty exciting..."

He said to me, "Mommy...for my birthday, do you think you can call Santa and have him come back? Just one more time?"

Priceless.

No comments: