Sunday, December 13, 2009

Anti Climactic

On Friday I needed to run a bunch of errands. I needed to hit Tar.get and I wanted to go back to Car.ters to get The Girl more of their little one piece fleece outfits. They keep her warm and also work well right now with her learning to crawl since she isn't getting caught in a separate shirt and pants. Plus the little porker is now wearing a size 12 months in Carters so... My mom and I headed to a little mini mall so that we could knock all these things out at once. Of course Tar.get is on the complete other side of the mall from Car.ters. So after I got the outfits I told my mom to head through the indoor mall with the kids in the stroller and I would go outside in the rain and drive the car around to park it at Tar.get and meet them there. It was raining outside and I didn't want to deal with packing the kids in the car seats etc...

So I moved the car and found a cart in the rain and went inside to wait for them to arrive. And I waited. And waited some more. Where the hell were they? It isn't that big of a mall... Finally my cell phone rang.

"Hi, we're here in the middle of the mall and [Boy] saw Santa. There was no line and he asked if he could sit on his lap and tell him what he wanted for Christmas so I said yes. I threw both kids on his lap and they snapped a picture. All I need to know from you is if you want a wallet or a 3x5."

"Ummm...a wallet I guess."

"You're not upset that I did this without you, are you?"

"Not in the slightest. One less thing for me to do. You checked it off my list. Thanks."

And that is the exciting story of how we ended up with the photo below. Merry Christmas! :)

1 comment:

AuntFancy said...

Aww, so cute! I'm amazed the boy asked to sit on Santa's lap, when so many kids are intimidated by that experience. Good for him!