Monday, November 2, 2009

Damn Media Coverage

If I hadn't heard so much about this whole H1N1 flu thing I probably wouldn't be freaking out about it. Thanks media outlets! There is a possibility that The Boy has the evil flu. Or he just has the normal flu. Or he has some other sort of funk that has yet to be determined. But he has had a high fever for over 48 hours (very unusual for him), has the full-on body aches, is very lethargic, is refusing to eat (except for Pediasure...God bless that Pediasure...), is complaining about a sore throat and is coughing. Could be...pretty much anything at this point. But since I have a 6 month old baby at home we are going to get it checked out. If it turns out he does have H1N1 then the baby will get Tamiflu (or whatever the name of that drug is) to help ensure that she does not get it. Our appointment is tomorrow at 10:30am.

But before that things were okay. Here are the two kiddos on Halloween...
It is important to note that while I think my daughter looks ADORABLE in her flower costume, she didn't seem to find it amusing in the slightest. My child, who seriously does nothing but smile all day long, absolutely REFUSED to smile while wearing this outfit. In fact some would say she felt the need to give me the stink eye...
But I don't care. I think she looked fabulous. Although this is coming from the person who dressed up her son in a chick costume for his first Halloween and then had the nerve to take professional pictures of him so as to torture him for the rest of his life...BWAH HA HA HA!!!

And for the record, I did actually try and get professional pictures of The Girl in her flower costume, but she was having NONE of it. I guess it was my fault. In one setting I wanted to accomplish three things. 1) The Girl's regular 6 month pictures. 2) Shots of both kids dressed up in their holiday outfits in an attempt to get a Christmas card picture. And 3) Shots of both kids in their Halloween costumes.

Let's guess how far we got. First of all The Girl got a total of a 15 minute nap before the pictures and needed to eat. So while we got a couple of shots of her for her 6 month pictures, there are NO pictures of her with a big ole smile on her face. And my child smiles. Oh yes she does. But does she smile when I am paying big bucks for the professionals? Apparently not. So we got a few shots, but none with the grin. This is the closest I got to a smile...
Then I changed the outfits and that was pushing things. We got no pictures of the two kids alone. And we got one picture of me with both kids. I think I look about 300 pounds in the picture and The Girl is arching her back trying to get to my boobs. It is a great shot. (Insert sarcasm here...) We didn't even attempt the Halloween costumes. I have another appointment at a MUCH cheaper place for this Friday to try again. Although with Mr. H1Nsomething I don't think that is going to happen.

We did get one shot that I love though. Seriously. Look at that face...

1 comment:

AuntFancy said...

Aww, so cute! I think she looks a little bit like your brother and his youngest daughter in that first pic. ;)

I hope the Boy doesn't have the dreaded H1N1!