Sunday, February 15, 2009

28 Weeks and "Oooohhhhmmm...."

I'll start the post off with my monthly belly shot.  I am 28 weeks here and while I feel absolutely HUGE, I don't think my belly has really grown all that much over the past month or so.  I am one of those people who gets really big, really fast and then it just sorta chills in one place for while.  

So let's talk about the three hour glucose test.  Carey was right when she commented that it SUCKED!  I knew that I had to fast (NOT nice to a pregnant person) and I knew that I had to sit in the office for three hours (NOT nice for anyone who has...well any sort of a life...), but what I did not know was that they were going to draw blood every hour that I was there.  So not only was I in the office for 4 hours, without food, but they were also taking my blood every hour for a total of 4 times.  So.Not.Cool.  By the end of it I was a shaky mess and on the last blood draw my blood wouldn't even go in the little vial on its own, I had to continually make a fist to try and get it in there.  My body subconsciously knew that it had been depleted of all of its resources and was trying to save everything I had.  But I lived.  I had my regular 28 week appointment scheduled at 11:45 that morning (I had begun the test at 8:30 so was in the office from like 8:15am until around 12:30pm) so I had packed a granola bar in my purse to scarf after the test and before my appointment.  I did that, but I have to say that the test really f-ed with my mojo for the entire day.  I felt sluggish and nasty and weird all day long.  The results will be back by Monday and if it is bad news I will get a call.  Otherwise I won't find out until my next appointment, which is this Friday.  Why do I have to go back for another appointment in just a week you ask?  Well I'll tell you.

My history with my last pregnancy ended up being on bed rest because of high blood pressure.  That happened around week 33 I think and I was on bed rest for about 3 weeks and The Boy was delivered 3 weeks early.  I have posted about my fear of repeating this for this pregnancy since I am single this time around and bed rest would essentially mean having to move in with my mother.  You can see where this is going right?  Yeah.  My blood pressure was pretty high for my appointment.  I believe it was 149 over 94.  Not so hot.  So I got "the look" from my favorite nurse (who dealt with it last time around as well) and I told her it was their fault for making me stress out for over 3 hours in their waiting room with no food while sucking all of my blood out.  She agreed that it might have something to do with it so we took it again before I left, and it was down a little, but it certainly wasn't normal.  So I have to go back in one week for a blood pressure check and I am now moving to the point where my regular appointments are 3 weeks apart this next time (not including the BP check) and then after that they move to every two weeks.  That is a big signal to me that we are nearing the end of pregnancy (really we have almost 3 months left) so...HOLY CRAP.  I am so not ready for this.

So that explains the title of my post.  I am going to my zen place.  I need to seriously chill the F out.  My life has been pretty stressful lately and I have always had in the back of my mind that it could end up affecting my pregnancy, but this latest appointment really is a wake up call.  Must calm down.  So I am sitting in a cross legged position with my arms upon my knees and my thumb and middle finger together slowly moaning, "Ooooohhhhmmmm" to try and remind myself.  Bed rest is bad under any circumstances.  But financially and physically it is really, really bad for me right now.  I need to relax.  I am going to do my best.

On that note, here is a documentation picture of my son's newest obsession.  Handy Manny from the Disney channel is his latest craze.  A couple of weeks ago he wanted to watch Toy Story for the 7,638th time and I was about to lose my mind.  I took all 4 buckets of his DVD's and put them in front of him and begged him to PLEASE find something else to watch.  He rummaged through them and found a Handy Manny DVD.  I didn't even know we had that; someone must have bought it for him.  But hey, it wasn't Buzz Lightyear so I happily put it on for him.  He is now obsessed.  He runs around the house with this tool box (pictured below) and screams "Hop Up Jump In" and counts in Spanish.  He LOVES him some Handy Manny.  Thank God I found it on the satellite and was able to DVR the hell out of it so we have several different episodes to chose from.  But he loves it.  And he will happily fix pretty much anything you need him to fix as well as many things you would prefer that he didn't.  But really...look at that face.  How can I not support his latest love?

No comments: