Wednesday, February 25, 2009

On A Different Note...

As a card carrying lesbian, I am dutiful in my TV watching of The L Word. I have watched it faithfully from its inception and have never missed an episode. However...  Those of you who watch the show know where this is going, don't you?

WTF?!?! When I saw the rumors about someone being killed off on the show, like the rest of the sane viewing audience, I longed and dreamed that it would be the character of Jenny. So sorry to admit it, but I can't stand the bitch. I have never liked her.  From the very beginning when she went from that Tim guy to Marina, I just didn't trust her and didn't like her.  The show is fabulous and she was the one thing that brought it down every week. I hated her. And not in the "loved to hate her" fashion. Just in the, "Jesus Christ, if they could just kill off her character the show would be so much more enjoyable" way. So when I heard it was indeed Jenny's character that was going to be killed off I was elated. Sure, this is the final season but at least I wouldn't be dealing with that horrific bitch until the bittersweet end.

And what the hell has happened? Not only did she not go away in the first episode, but the entire god damn season has been focused on her. I am so disappointed. I truly am. I have tried to ride it out and hope that perhaps she would go away halfway through the season so I could enjoy the last few episodes in peace, but no. Apparently not. She is here and more obnoxious than ever. So horrific in fact, that the entire goal of this season is to make every single character HATE her so horribly that they want to kill her. Well sign me up as well. I want to kill her. And not only that, she is ruining what is left of the show for me. I am very saddened and disappointed that this is how I have to spend my last season of a show I have loved so much. Don't get me wrong, I will faithfully watch the last two episodes. But every week I watch that show and silently lament how Ilene has chosen to let things end. At least when Queer as Folk ended I got the ending that I felt like it deserved.  This one?  Not so much.  I am going out bitter and sad that I don't feel like the rest of the characters are getting the closure that they deserve because we are all so busy focusing on what a parasite Jenny is that there is no room for anyone else.

Call it bed rest crankiness, call it pregnancy hormones, call it whatever you would like.  But I just felt like I needed to get that off my chest.  There, I feel a little better...

1 comment:

AuntFancy said...

Yes! Exactly! You turned me on to this show and I love it. I am soooo with you! I also HATE Jenny. I was so happy to hear that she was going to be killed off this season. Last season was so Jenny-centric, I didn't really enjoy it. I was also hoping the final season would be Jenny-free, so I am tremendously disappointed that she is again the focus of all the damn episodes. C U Next Tuesday, Jenny! ;)