Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

So it was a tough weekend. Do I have the flu? Nope, just the small fetus-like thing that is trying to suck the life out of me slowly. But I will try not to dwell on that for our purposes here. :) Friday The Boy and I went out to lunch with one of the BFF and her son. That was nice, we hadn't hung out with them in a long time. Her son is so damn cute. He is everything that my boy is NOT. He is big and healthy and a great talker and POTTY TRAINED! How jealous am I? Seriously, it's a good thing I happen to adore this woman (been one of my best friends since 7th grade) because otherwise I would seriously have to hate her. She's SUCH a good mom and always does the things I aspire to do but either run out of time, or claim laziness. She breast fed until he was a year old. She hand made all of his organic food. He still, to this day, does not take a bite of sugar. He is a healthy growing boy that continuously grows out of his clothes and makes new milestones. Oh and did I mention that he's potty trained? As in both pee and poop? Oh and that he's almost 4 months younger than The Boy? Yeah, she's a rock star mom and he's a rock star little boy. Good thing they are both so fabulous. So that was Friday. Then in the evening the gay boyfriends came over for our usual Friday Night dinner. We got take out and I had a completely boring grilled cheese and french fries. And it made me really happy cause it didn't seem to try and kill me. And I was in bed by 10:00. It was a good day.

Saturday just sucked. No two ways about it. I felt like death the moment I got up and it never got better all day long. The Boy's Grammie and Gramps called and asked if they could take him to a farm for a couple of hours. Ummm, let me think about that for half a second...YES!! So they took him from about 11:30 until about 1:30. During that time I layed pitifully on the couch and didn't move. I didn't pick up one toy, I didn't wash one dish, I didn't do one moment of work. I did manage to shower, but that was about it. When The Boy got back I had to spend a good half an hour sitting outside (trying not to faint) talking to his Grammie about all the things she deems wrong with him. I won't get into it too much here, but let's just say that I had to hear about how she could only understand about 1/2 of what he said, and about how she thinks it is RIDICULOUS that he will not be covered for speech therapy through the school district when he is three, oh and my personal favorite...that she wanted me to know that he has "autistic tendencies" because he lined up his cars at their house. I could spend 4 pages talking about this issue with her, but I won't. Let's just say we tend to see things in a different light. I tend to focus on how much amazing progress my boy has made in the last 6 months and how wonderful he's doing. She tends to focus on his areas of weakness and where he still needs work. She's not trying to be a judgemental person, she just sort of...is, I guess.

So after that, The Boy went down for a nap and I continued to lay in a horizontal position. Later that evening my mom decided I should get out of the house (god love her) and she and my step dad came over and took me and The Boy out for Mexican food. I had the most mellow thing I could find on the menu: a cheese quesadilla. It wasn't too bad. My mom and step dad are loving the fact that I can be a permanent designated driver for the next year or so. We went to a Mexican restaurant they love because of the Sangria. Since I came, my mom could drink, which in turn makes my step dad very happy. So they got loopy and I drove them home as a thank you for taking us out. We came home and had a mellow evening and were both in bed by 9:00pm.

Sunday I was determined to not repeat Saturday so I varied my "pregnancy diet" a little and was able to function (thank god for my new favorite thing: Chunky Chicken Noodle soup). I cleaned the house and picked things up and ran the dishwasher and did a couple of loads of laundry. I even managed to make it to the grocery story with The Boy all before his nap time. We both napped a good portion of the afternoon away and when The Boy woke up, my suspicions were confirmed: He has a cold. Crap. Just what we need. He had been sneezing in the morning, but was acting fine other than that so I was hoping it was just something in the air. Nope. He was full blown sick when he woke up. Bummer. So we had a nice bath with some eucalyptus bath gel and some yummy dinner and watched his new Fireman Sam videos. Then The Boy went to sleep and I watched a little of the Emmy's before I got too bored and headed to bed.

This morning The Boy was far too sick to go to school, so he came to work with me here for an hour or so until my mom was able to come and pick him up. He just left and is going to her house for the rest of the afternoon. He doesn't have a fever or anything and he still has an appetite (!!!), so hopefully he will be better by tomorrow. I am trying that new activia yogurt as part of the pregnancy diet today, so we'll see how that goes.

Tomorrow is my first prenatal appointment! I will be 8 weeks tomorrow. I really don't think they are going to give me an ultrasound but man, do I really want to see/make sure that there's a heartbeat in there. I have thought about "fibbing" and saying that I have been having some cramping and spotting because I am pretty sure that would ensure me a peak, but that is bad baby karma. Because you know if I do that and get to take a look, and everything looks fine, as soon as I get home I will have the cramping and spotting. So it isn't worth it. I am not going to lie. But I am definitely going to beg... I will post after tomorrow. Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

No comments: