Saturday, May 16, 2009

Random Tidbits...

The Girl and I spent quality time together every three hours while breast feeding.  I should take this time out to note that I love breast feeding.  I never thought you would hear me say that.  I didn't breast feed The Boy and I never felt like I was missing anything.  I would marvel at all of those women out there that beat themselves up because for some reason breast feeding didn't work for them or their child.  My theory going into having this baby was that I was going to give it a shot but if it didn't work, I wasn't going to sweat it.  I would pump like I did with The Boy.  But now that I am doing it, I have to say that I can't believe that I pumped exclusively for 5 months with The Boy.  I was tied to my house and that damn pump.  Now we just head on out and live life and if I need to feed the baby, I stop somewhere and feed her.  I am not packing the diaper bag with frozen bags of milk, or with 3 different bottles and all the stuff that goes along with it.  "Have boob, will travel."  I love it.  And I absolutely love looking down at that little face eating and see the contentment she has when she has a full belly.  It really has been a magical experience and for anyone out there pregnant, my advice would be to make a really strong effort to make it work.  It really can be as great as all those people say it is.

During the day while The Boy is at school I am trying to get some work done at home.  It makes me bitter to even have to write that.  My baby is only three weeks old.  I should NOT have to be thinking about work at this point.  But since my end of pregnancy required that I stop working two months before giving birth, my finances dictate that I have to work.  It makes me cry to feed my daughter and then put her right back down in her bassinet and go back to my computer.  It makes me feel horrible.  But I am trying to find a balance that works for both of us.  I am by no means working full time, in fact I am lucky if I am able to bill 3 hours during the day, but at least it is something.

The Girl still is sleeping exclusively in her bassinet.  I wheel it around the house with me wherever I am.  I love it.  In fact it was only yesterday that I even put her in her crib for the first time.  I bought her a mobile because she is starting to look at things and I had to install it in her crib.  So I put her in there while I was working on it.  I laughed when I realized that it was the first time she was in there and she is over three weeks old.  Of course I snapped a picture for you all...

Don't you just love the polka dots?  She had crapped through her first two outfits and it was kinda hot so I just threw her in a onesie.  I didn't realize she would match her crib, but she did.  Speaking of crapping, my dainty little flower of a daughter knows how to CRAP!  Man, does she ever.  She grunts like a sailor and then lets these BLASTS out of her delicate little self that would make a grown man proud.  She literally craps out of at least two outfits a day.  I assume it means her plumbing is all working well and I am very proud.  :)

Let me say a little bit about single parenting at this point.  My situation is different because when I did this last time, I had a partner.  But, that partner wasn't necessarily someone who made the situation a lot easier for me.  So if I am being totally honest, it really is easier this time around doing it by myself.  The only place where I feel the hit of being a single parent right now is financially.  That sucks.  Having a mortgage and all the bills and no one to help out makes it hard.  But other than that?  Not a problem.  Of course I still have my mother helping out and she does as much, if not more, than I spouse would.  So I don't really have a clear picture of how hard it will be.  Right now, we are doing well.

When I started this post I had several little things I wanted to talk about, but as usual, I feel like this post is coming out garbled and lame.  So I will cut it short.  One of these days I will feel like I can compose a post that is meaningful and readable again.  I look forward to those days.  Until then, I'll just throw a couple more pictures your way and call it a day.

Here is The Girl passed out cold after breast feeding.  She falls asleep in the position that she falls off the boob.  I love how she is using her little hand to prop herself up in this one.
And just so that it doesn't seem like I have forgotten about my first born.  Here is a picture of him with a "pop" that his Mom brought him back from Disneyland.  I have a post brewing in my head about an update solely focused on him.  I want to update you all about the stuttering (still there) and how he is coping with all the changes that are going on around him.  But that post deserves to be well written and well thought out.  And clearly I can't seem to manage that right now.  So it will come sometime soon.  In the meantime all you need to know is that he is still here, he is still the most fantastic kid on the planet and he is still the major love of my life.  I adore this little dude, even though he isn't getting as much "air time" as his sister.

No comments: