Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sleep

I can't believe it.

My daughter slept for 7 hours last night.

I woke up thinking she was dead...

She went down at about 11:00pm.  I woke up a couple of times throughout the night convinced she would be up any minutes but kept going back to sleep siting that whole, "Don't wake a sleeping baby" thing.

At 5:45am I heard, "Mommy!!  Mommy!!"

That's the wrong child, I thought.

The Boy was up but The Girl still wasn't.

I ran into her room at 6:00am and ripped her out of her swing and un-swaddled her.  She was breathing (and looking at me like I was crazy) but still sound asleep.  She would have slept longer if I hadn't busted in there.  She had a clean diaper as well, so I was convinced all of her systems had shut down for the night.

But now, almost 4 hours later I am happy to report that she has eaten twice, pooped and peed.  So all systems seem to be a go.  I have been told that once a baby reaches 11 pounds they are physically able to go 8 hours without eating.  I guess it is possible that my little porker could be 11 pounds, but man...it still feels like she is too young for this.  I am sure it was a fluke thing and this won't continue to happen every night, but still.  She will be 6 weeks old tomorrow.  She's an overachiever my little peanut.

No comments: