Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hold Me

My mother...my best friend...my co-parent...my confidant...just pulled out of my driveway and will depart at 6:30 tomorrow morning for a week long trip in Hawaii. There is no one on this earth who deserves it more.

And there is a little red-headed boy sitting in his room crying right now at the prospect of a week without his Gigi. And I can almost guarantee you that there is a sixty-something (cough cough) year old Gigi sitting in a car right now crying those same tears. They have a truly unbreakable bond and love each other more than anyone could ever understand. Here's photo documentation at his last birthday...
It's only a week, right? RIGHT?!?!?! Travel safe, Gigi...

2 comments:

Laraf123 said...

What a beautiful photo and wonderful bond between your son and his grandmother. I hope she has a fabulous time in Hawaii and that next time you all get to go with her!

Amy said...

Soooo sweet!! My mom is also Gigi to my kids, too funny!! We don't leave in the same state so her international trips never affect my kids the way they affect me!!