Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday to The Boy!!!

I can’t believe he turns 5 today! Wanna know what I was doing this time 5 years ago? J Well since I wasn’t blogging back then I will give you the short (very short!) version of his birth story:

I checked into the hospital the previous night to be induced the morning of the 5th. I went into labor that night and after 12 hours of tough labor with no progress got an epidural. The Boy didn’t so much like that apparently and he “crashed” three times within an hour long period. An emergency c-section was ordered at about 8:50am, and at 9:17am my beautiful boy came screaming into the world with his bright red hair apparent from the very start.

And what a time it has been…

This past year he has become so much older and wiser and more mature. He is a full-on “kid” now and I can’t believe I am filling out forms to enroll him in kindergarten. He is still the sweet, sensitive little boy he has always been but I now find him increasingly strong and proud; he has definitely grown into his own skin. I sit here trying to find the words to express what a wonderful little boy my son is, but I don’t think I could ever find the words to properly explain him. Plus I just get all emotional and end up crying, which isn't helping any of us... Fortunately for those reading this, you have most likely been reading about my love for this little boy for two years already and have a picture in your mind of who he is and what he is about.

I think this year the biggest emotion I am experiencing where he is concerned is pride. I am so damn PROUD of this kid. His little life on this planet has not been without its challenges but he has gone past all of that and has turned into this amazing son, brother, friend and grandson. The most defining adjective used to describe him is sweet. And he really is. He is sweet with his love and kisses, he is sweet and gentle with all things on the planet and in nature, he is sweet to his sister and to his fellow classmates… People come up to me all the time and tell me, “What did you do to make him so sweet?” Truth be told, I take no responsibility in that whatsoever. I am a lot of things, but “sweet” certainly wouldn’t be the word most used to describe me. So that is all him. It is all his own little journey on this planet. I am just lucky enough to be able to share it with him.

Happy Birthday my boy. I love you so much! Here’s to another fabulous year together!!

Here's a little picture montage of his 4th year...

2 comments:

Carey said...

Happy Birthday to The Boy!!!

Laraf123 said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to your little (but getting bigger all the time) boy!