Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Poor Neglected Blog...

I have a good excuse. I swear.

My Mommy is out of town. And you all know that my mother is my help when it comes to taking care of my kids, so I have been completely on my own. We are doing pretty well, but there is literally no spare time to do silly things like BLOG!! How rude. And it should be noted that my mother is enjoying a wonderful 8 day long vacation to Maui to celebrate her 25th wedding anniversary to my step dad. They SO deserve this vacation and I hope they are doing nothing but sitting poolside and reading books and relaxing.

That being said, man it takes a lot of work managing these two kids completely by myself. Especially over a weekend. I am "on" 24/7 and I have the bags under my eyes to prove it. I went to bed last night at 8:15pm on a Saturday night. Yes, I am a rock star. Try not to be too jealous.

I have so many things I want to blog about. I feel like The Girl is just changing and growing up so fast. She is doing something new every single day and she seems so much more like a real baby now. It is wonderful and sad all at the same time. She turns 6 months old on Tuesday so I will give a full update on what she's been up to in her 6 month post.

The Boy is also growing up. He is his own little person now. He amazes me everyday. Just the other day I was attempting to nurse The Girl before we left for daycare/school. He was doing some dancing thing in front of her and she simply would not nurse. She was far too busy watching her brother dance around and laughing at him. But she needed to eat and we needed to get our happy little butts to school. So I said to him, "[Boy], can you please go play in your room for a few minutes so I can nurse your sister and we can go? You can play with her later."

He put his head down and shuffled his feet as he walked away and said, "But Mommy, that wasn't the point!"

"What was the point?" I asked him to see if he even knew how to use that phrase correctly.

"I want to play with her now, not later. Jeez..."

I guess he knew how to use the phrase. But what kind of three year old says "that's not the point?" He's so funny. Then last night when I was (admittedly) a little slap happy because I was so tired he came in to my room holding up his Lambie (his little lovey thing. His sister has the same one but in pink and hers is a kitty).

"Yuck." He pouted.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"[Sister] suck on my Lambie. Gross. She barf on it. You wash it for me?"

I laughed and told him that she didn't actually barf on it but that she sucked on it and sort of drooled on it. I told him it feels just like her kitty so she probably didn't know it was his and stole it.

"Whatever, you just wash it please? It yuck." And he walked away.

He amuses me, that child. But overall they are so damn cute together it kills me. He loves to be a big brother and loves to make her laugh. And she loves to be with him wherever he is. It makes me so happy to see them I can't even tell you all.

Okay I must go and clean up the house in preparation for our Monday tomorrow. I will leave you all with pictures from the pumpkin patch today. Here is The Boy with a pumpkin that he chose because he said it was like Green Goblin's pumpkin (yes, we are still completely obsessed with Spiderman over here...).
And here are the two of them with The Girl shoving as much hay and dirt into her mouth and she could get in there...
Hope everyone had a great weekend. I will be back with a proper post again soon, I swear. And worst case scenario, my mom comes back on Saturday. How many more days it that? :)

No comments: