Monday, November 17, 2008

A whole lot of nothing

So tomorrow I hit week 16 of this pregnancy. The good news is that I am finally far enough into the second trimester bliss that I am willing to write about it without fear that a bout of nausea will come kicking just despite me. But the bad news is that I am not really writing all that much. During the first trimester all I could come up with to write about on my blog was the horrible things that were being associated with my early pregnancy. I had a hard time with the first trimester. And rather than turn this blog into an evil "I'm not grateful for this pregnancy" blog, I just shut up. I figured I would blog the hell out of the second trimester to make up for it. Plus, since I am being a typical parent and have not done ONE THING for this second baby so far, I wanted to have some sort of record of things. (I mean seriously. I haven't read one book, I haven't written one word down in a journal, I haven't taken one picture...nothing). But now my head is full of posts I want to write and then never get around to doing so.

Some examples: Weekly pregnancy updates complete with day to day details of the very first time I felt my little bundle move. The annoying-ness of all things maternity wear. The bizarre twist of fate that for some reason during this pregnancy my hair is HORRIFIC. Last pregnancy I had that beautiful hair that never fell out and got all full and luscious, but this time? Dry and breaking off. Weird... And I also wanted to spend some time talking about doing this pregnancy alone and how that has been. But I have done none of the above. I also have so many other posts brewing about in my head that have nothing to do with this pregnancy at all. But there is just so little time in the day. And when I really should be putting together a coherent post for all of my readers (all 5 of you), I end up just catching up on my reading of blogs rather than posting. After all, I would rather read what is going on with all of you than actually tell you about myself.

So why am I telling you all of this? I don't really know. Perhaps because I was sitting here on a Monday and catching up on my blog reading when it came to me that I really needed to do some writing. Perhaps because this was a particularly tough weekend and I have been contemplating blogging about it. Or perhaps because I am just a really bad blogger and I wanted to subject you all to my ramblings. Either way I am annoyed at my lack of posts and lack of content. This blog was created by me, for ME, to document series of my life. I need to get back to doing that. Real posts will be coming soon. Go back to your Monday now...

3 comments:

After Hours said...

Hey what the hell? How was this a particularly hard weekend...you were at MY house!!

Oh.. check out the pics on the blog under Berkeley and see if it looks like a place you want to go and we can plan a day. It's open every day.

AuntFancy said...

LOL, you're funny!

For the Long Haul said...

After hours, see next post...