- The Boy LOVED Toy Story 3. It was his first time in a movie theater. He thought the little lights on the stairs were fabulous and "sparkly." He didn't like the chairs. He felt like it was going to swallow him (spent the movie on my lap, on Gigi's lap or standing in the isle making Buzz Lightyear poses). He felt the previews...wait, apparently we are calling them trailers now, were WAY too loud. But once the movie started? Bliss. Seriously. He kept looking over at me and telling me how much he loved it. And I loved it too. SO worth it.
- The Girl is insanely cute right now. Really cute and sometimes really annoying. The other morning she opened up her brother's closet and took out every single shirt that was hanging on the bottom level of his closet. She threw them all in a pile in the middle of the room and was throwing them above her head yelling, "Hooray!" when I walked in.
- Because of above and many other instances like it, we have put up the pack n play in The Boy's room. She goes in there when she gets too unruly. So far it has worked well. I throw a bunch of her toys in there with her and she can still be in the same room with him but can't destroy his stuff. Makes both of them happy and allows me to shower in peace. Priceless.
- The Girl is officially able to walk. That doesn't mean she chooses to do so. She would still MUCH prefer to crawl. But if I tell her "walkie walkie" she will stand up and do it. When she falls down on her bum she looks at me and says, "No, no, no..." because I tell her no and to get back up and keep walking. So she can officially do it, but still doesn't make it happen a whole lot. I'm okay with that.
- She now answers her brother. Like when he says, "Do you want to play the tree game?" She grins and says, "Yeah!" When he asks her, "Do you want to stay in the bath with me?" "Yeah." No matter what he asks her she answers "Yeah." But apparently she can now recognize his tone when he is asking a question and she answers him. Wicked cute.
- She is talking up a storm. I can't even count the number of words. She will mimic pretty much anything you ask her to. Or do her best at it. I find this endlessly fascinating. For a Mom who spent her first child's entire first three years in speech therapy it is amazing to watch how easily it comes to my daughter. And damn...she never shuts up. Again, pretty wicked cute.
- Tonight we had a shift. We got home late from work/daycare and she sat in the middle of the floor making the sign for milk and crying and pointing at the chair I usually nurse her in. So I let her nurse. This was at like 5:30pm. So around bedtime she started signing again and I let her nurse. Clearly there wasn't very much milk in there. She was signing for milk while she was nursing. So after she finished I offered her a sippy cup of cows milk. For the first time EVER, she didn't refuse it. She didn't drink a whole lot (maybe a half an ounce) but she put it in her mouth and chewed on it and held the cup. She usually pushes it away immediately. So this was a step.
- I am trying not to over think the above "shift." She's 14 months old. If she's ready to be done with nursing I am ready to let her be done. But I'm not going to force her either. We just nurse in secret. If anyone asks me if I'm still nursing her (family members) I simply tell them no and then go home and nurse her. Makes everyone happy. I do what I want and I don't have to hear any crap about it. Seems like a good solution for all. Overall, for right now I am not pushing the issue either way. I am letting her lead. If she's done, cool. If not, I'll let her continue for a bit more. If she gets much older I will reassess. But for now, I'm coasting. And lying. Hee hee.
- Okay and finally? If anyone out there is not watching Deadliest Catch, you are MISSING OUT. Seriously the best show on TV right now. I have been a fan from the start and this season is just...so damn emotional and amazing. Insane.
- That's all. I'm out. I should give you a picture for making it through this post but I am downloading a bunch of stuff right now and it would take forever to load. So later, I swear.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Catch Up Post
It's late and I have no business posting right now. I should be sleeping. But the whole neglected blog thing... It's a bullet post!