Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Such A Big Boy!

So this was last night...The Boy's very last night in his crib...  Here he is sound asleep (the flash was used, this picture was actually taken at like 10:00 at night) with his Binky in his mouth, with his Thomas sheets and blanket and with his Curious George book.  And of course the Lambie.  The Lambie is always close by him...

And then today at about 3:00pm his new Big Boy bed was finally delivered.  Here is the finished product complete with his fire truck blanket and pillow set...
And here he is after getting home from school to see his new bed.  He was SO excited!!  He came running into the house telling me, "I big boy now.  I three.  I seepa my new big boy bed tonight.  Baby [girl] gonna seep in my crib now..."  He talked about it all afternoon and spent all afternoon and evening hanging out in his new bed reading books and playing and talking about what a big boy he was...
And before bed, we altered our bedtime routine a little bit to include the now nightly reading of a book before bed (I couldn't fit my big self in his crib to do this before).  So we watched "fish" (which is really the Shallow Sea portion of the series Planet Earth) and had some pediasure, then we brushed our teeth, and then we headed to our new bed to read a book before bed.  (Of course our Handy Manny tools had to be a part of the entire process).
And then at his regular bedtime, I put him in his new big boy bed and told him how proud I was of him for being such a big boy.  And how special he was for giving his new little sister his "bed for babies."  We sang our sunshine song and did our kisses and I slipped out the door as he told me, "I no pay Mommy.  I just seep.  In da morning I call out 'MOMMY!' and you a come and get me."  "That's right my sweet," I told him.  And then I went out and wondered how many times he would get up and torture me.  In his old room (soon to be become the nursery) I have the video monitor set up, but I didn't move it over to his new room, so I only had the old school baby monitor to go with.  So I couldn't spy on what was actually going on.  But I heard nothing.  Not one peep.  And sure enough...when I just went in to check on him, this is what I found...
My sweet big boy angel sound asleep in his new Big Boy bed.  I am certainly not trying to jinx the fact that he went to sleep without any problems, and who knows what tomorrow night will bring?  Or who knows what will happen when we try the afternoon nap in our new bed? (He naps at school Monday through Thursday).  But for tonight?  My precious little dude just took the next step OUT of babyhood and into boyhood.  And I am just so proud of him I could burst!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very cute! I hope he stays in there. I am also impressed that you whipped out a flash camera while he was sleeping. And he didn't wake up. This is a good sign.

gwendomama said...

SUCH a good boy!! I go seep.

Indeed!


WAY to go mom - looks like you are hanging in there. Want a visitor?