Friday, March 27, 2009

Second Verse Same As the First

So I am home from my morning doctors appointment...BUT.  You knew there had to be a but, right?  Right.  The little shit (sorry, I'm tired...) failed her test...AGAIN.  Although my poor nurse feels sorry for me so isn't sending me straight over to the hospital.  I am to come home and eat lunch and then go back to the doctors office to get hooked up again and try to get her to pass.  If she doesn't?  Hospital.  Again.

Now although I am very happy that this child is still residing inside my belly and that according to my nurse she doesn't seem at all discontented...I am getting extremely tired of being hooked up to machines for all hours without being able to move or read (have to lay on my side and can't comfortably hold ANYTHING) or really do anything but sit and listen to a heart beat is not my idea of a good time.  Obviously the most important thing in my world right now is getting this baby here as healthy as possible, but really, I would SO MUCH rather be enjoying this 75 degree day with my son outside having lunch together.  And instead I am shoving food into my mouth and heading back to the doctors office to try this whole thing again.  And if she doesn't pass then we go to the hospital for another fun-filled afternoon of MORE monitoring...  In case you're keeping track, I am 34 weeks and 3 days today...

I will update this post WHEN (not if, damnit) I get home later this evening to let you all know we are home and good to go for the weekend...

Edited to add:  Okay we got sprung.  And we didn't even have to go to the hospital.  She passed at the doctors office after lunch.  Maybe I need to start making all of my appointments for after lunch.  I am pretty sure my next appointment on Tuesday is at 12:30 so hopefully we can avoid all this early-morning monitoring next time...

My nurse did reiterate that my doctor doesn't think I am going to make it much past the 36 week mark.  She said my doctor is very nervous about me and is probably going to err on the side of caution and get this baby out.  So we talked a little bit about what to expect if that's the case in terms of steroid shots to mature lungs, projected size of the baby, and what will happen after my c-section (they will take the baby away for evaluation and I most likely won't get to see her for a few hours--like what happened with The Boy and like what I didn't want to happen this time).  But the ultimate outcome needs to just be a healthy baby and Mommy so I am trying to focus on that.

As of now I am going to try and salvage a beautiful afternoon with my son and shake away some of this apprehension and nerves that I seem to be carrying around.  Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

No comments: