Saturday, January 10, 2009

Greetings from the Island...


Aloha from Hawaii. Even though The Boy caught a nasty cold from one of the kids that came to his birthday party last weekend, he is having a great time. We are all having a great time. I have to say that I am very lucky to have a great traveler in my little boy. The 5 hour plane flight was without any drama and, I dare to say, almost pleasant. He spent the first two hours watching a movie, and then spent about an hour going back and forth between my seat and my mom behind us, and then took a nap. He slept for over and hour and then just sort of hung out for the last hour or so. It probably helped that he wasn't feeling 100% and was pretty tired, but whatever the reason, I will take it. (I am sure I just jinxed the flight home, so I am knocking on all wood-like substances around me...)

I have to say that last time we came to Hawaii I came home more exhausted than before we left, so I was a little skeptical about doing this again. And this time I am 23 weeks pregnant. But like the plane flight, I have been pleasantly surprised. I am having a great time and am even getting in a little relaxation. Being pregnant means that I am tired more than usual, but I am just making sure that I nap when The Boy naps and basically I go to sleep when he does at night. Since I am pregnant, I can't be enjoying adult beverages like I normally would, and therefore I am functioning at about the same level as my boy. We are a perfect match.

One thing I have to mention before I sign off is that I am just so aware of the time I am getting to enjoy with my boy. This is truly the very last time that I am going to get to spend alone with The Boy, just he and I, with no other distractions before the baby comes. There will be plenty of time at home, but not only will I be working up until the very end of my pregnancy (or until I end up on bed rest like last time), but when I am at home alone with my son there is always something to be done. There is never a time when the laundry isn't calling, the house doesn't need to be cleaned, or toys don't need to be picked up. This is truly an amazingly special time between The Boy and me. I am loving just having time to lounge around in bed with him, or let him dictate wherever he wants to go, and whatever he wants to do. I am just getting to hang out with him and I am loving every minute of it. I am feeding my soul with this child. He is such a special, happy boy and to be able to spend every minute of every day with him, without any pressures of normal life is just amazing. And although this isn't our last vacation, it is my last vacation with him before the new baby comes. And he is everything I need and I am just enjoying every single moment.

I am off to finish enjoying my vacation, but I wanted to stop by my blog and let you all know how lucky I am to be on this vacation and how much I appreciate where I am and what I am getting to do everyday. I hope you are all enjoying your January just as much. See you all when we are back to reality...

2 comments:

AuntFancy said...

You are very lucky indeed! So glad to hear you and The Boy are having such a great vacation. Luckily, time seems to move a little bit slower on the islands, so I'm so happy you're enjoying every minute. You deserve it!

Catbert said...

Miss you guys!!! Love the pic, Kitties and Fishes are doing great. Have fun and tell everyone I said Aloha!!!