Thursday, June 30, 2011

Perspective

As I walked around the house tonight picking up every single toy that we own, I was frustrated. I looked around and the living room was a mess. Every single item was out of the toy box. Things off the shelves...all her things mind you. Sunglasses and purses and babies...it was all...out. Waiting for me to clean it up. Again. Ugh.

And then as I was cleaning it up, I decided to think about it a different way. I buy those toys so that she can play with them. That is why they are there. That is why they are taking up space in my house. For her to play with them. And that's what she did. All of them. She clearly loves her toys. And then I thought about her behavior. And she was good as gold all night long. She and her brother played happily and quietly, without the TV on from the time dinner was over until bedtime. I got a ton of things done. He did a puzzle and she...well she destroyed all her toys. And that is exactly what they are supposed to be doing. That's why the toys are there.

And then I smiled.

No comments: