Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's Official...

My daughter is...a girly-girl (GASP!!) I knew this would happen. As soon as that ultrasound showed I was having a girl, I knew that I would be given one that was as "girly" as they come. It's just the law of nature. Although I have to say...it isn't quite as scary as I thought. Sure I still have a mild panic attack when she comes to me in the morning and says, "Wanna fix da hair..." because, let's face it, there aren't a lot of tricks in my arsenal regarding hair styles. But I am learning. I still marvel at the people at her daycare that make her hair look SO cute (little braids and whatnot) and it isn't that I can't do a braid; I can. It's just that I cannot even BEGIN to braid her hair when she's twisting and turning and grabbing the brush and trying to do it herself...etc... So really, she ends up with a little side pony most days.

But there really is no denying her love of all things baby. And this is seriously some in-born stuff we are dealing with here. I bought The Boy a bunch of babies when he was little and he never once picked them up. So when The Girl started getting baby dolls for gifts and stuff I assumed she would act the same. In a word: No. Not the case. She started carrying them around and patting their backs and covering them with her blankets and singing to them. It's amazing how different it is between the two of them. And as you saw previously, one of her gifts from Santa was a cradle and, although she wasn't that into it when she first saw it, she now sits in her room with like three different dolls and puts them in, and covers them and sings to them and then comes out and tells me to be quiet please because her babies are sleeping. And then she finally opened one of her last gifts (she couldn't be bothered on Christmas to actually finish opening her gifts so I just left them under the tree for a "bored moment" assuming she would find them and open them) it turned out to be a little high chair for her babies. She wanted it out right away and put together (god help me...). And now? Now this is her favorite past time...
She takes the feeding of her babies very seriously. My little girly-girl with her side pony...love that little girl!

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

Yes, it's amazing that in-born tendency. My son saw a train when he was 9 months old and he has had one in his hand ever since!

You can be proud of your sweet, nurturing girl!