Friday, May 30, 2008

Best Mom of the Year Award Goes To...

So last time I was talking about how my son was so grouchy and upset about the breakup and how he was having such a hard time adjusting...  Turns out that SOME of that could possibly have been due to the fact that he had an ear infection.  Whoops.  He had been talking about "ouches" all weekend but every time I asked him where he would tell me someplace different.  Perhaps that was because he had the aches and it hurt all over.  So after a visit to the pediatrician, he is now on antibiotics and seems to be feeling much better.  Until today that is.  the only thing my mother asked for for Mother's Day was a new, more current picture of her grand kids.  SO today my brother and I and the three kids went with my mom to get pictures taken.  That is always somewhat amusing however, their ages are almost 5, 2 1/2 and 1 1/2.  Trying to get them all sitting down and looking and [GASP!] smiling was...umm...difficult to say the least.  The photographer was pretty good at getting the kids to smile with the typical tricks.  Then he started saying "POP POP POP POP" like popcorn and everyone seemed to enjoy that.  Until my son actually heard that he was using the word "pop."  He immediately started looking around for a lollipop, and was getting very excited to have one!  Once I realized what he was talking about (you know the whole speech therapy thing and all) and tried to explain to him that there were "pops" here and that if he would just sit quietly and smile that I would give him all the pops his little heart could desire...well...we had meltdown.  He lost it.   Again, sort of out of character for him, but what are you doing to do?  So we have some decent pictures from the beginning before meltdown occurred and then we got a couple of decent shots of the entire group, and also a fabulous shot of my crying child.  he was cranky and whiny all the way home.  Got home and changed his diaper and realized he seemed a little warm.  I got out the thermometer and took his temp.  Result?  Yeah, 102.7 degrees.  Best Mom of the year right here ladies and gentlemen...

No comments: